The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Houston is proud to launch its newest initiative in the “IACCGH International Internship Program.”
This program aims to connect Indian businesses with some of the most intelligent student candidates for an internship opportunity.
- Target companies: Large Indian businesses with a presence in the United States and/or Houston based member companies with a presence in India
- Target internship location: Either 100% in India or split between the company’s Indian operations and US operations.
- Target time frame: summer 2016
- Target students: Graduate school and undergraduate students from prominent Houston Universities (ie. Rice University, University of Houston, etc)
In addition to the above, the partner companies are requested to provide the following information:
- Job description
- Desired candidate profile (ie. Finance, engineering, etc)
- Student compensation
- Main point of contact for resume submission and subsequent candidate selection process
The Chamber will market the program at the universities and collect all first stage resumes. Partner companies are requested to participate in the recruitment process for students in this program to any extent they desire. However, the Chamber can facilitate and act on behalf of the partner company whenever required.
IACCGH Roles and Responsibilities:
- Market the International Internship Program and its partner companies at universities through booths, handing out flyers, information sessions, etc
- Receive and filter first stage of resumes for partner companies to review
- Further short listing of candidates through interviews (at partner company’s request)
- Sponsor round trip airline tickets between Houston and India for the intern
The purpose of this unique program is to connect Houston talent with our partner companies and form relationships that might last longer than the summer internship. With the world becoming a smaller and smaller place, the recruiting pool should not be limited by geographic regions for high caliber companies and top-tier students.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REARDING THE PURCHASE OF TICKETS PLEASE EMAIL INFO@IACCGH.COM OR CALL BY PHONE 713-624-7131