Small Business Outreach
The small business outreach programs are aimed at providing the small business entrepreneurs with:
- Access to relevant knowledge required to establish and strengthen their business
- Networking and collaborative opportunities
- Learning and capacity building forums
- Platform to voice their successes and also their concerns and issues
- A Network of support among like minded groups of people
We offer these programs throughout the year, through a diverse ranging from small group meetings, panel discussions and seminars and interactions with institutions providing small business assistance.
Young Professionals Network
The Indo-American community prides itself on a core group of very talented, qualified and ambitious young individuals, making a significant contribution to a large number of industries, business and social sectors and to the community.
Our Young Professionals program is an effort to bring these talented individuals together, to celebrate their contribution, share their stories and inspire each other and foster ties amongst each other.
We hope to be a clearing house for ideas and interactions among the young professionals and welcome initiatives by them.
Women in Leadership
One of the goals of the Chamber is to enable Emerging Indo-American Professionals to develop critical skills needed to succeed in the business world. Leadership is one such critical skill. The Chamber, therefore, organizes this program with a focus on addressing this as well as other developmental needs of young professional women.
Women professionals, from a diverse range of industries and backgrounds, come together to think together deeply about leadership challenges, share their personal and professional journeys and provide inspirational learning opportunities.
Tee it Up for Literacy- Golf Tournament
The annual golf tournament by the IACCGH originally began as a networking forum set in an enjoyable and casual environment . It transformed into an event for a ‘charitable cause’ through its collaboration with Pratham USA and came to be the ‘Tee It Up For Literacy’ golf event.
IACCGH’s mission is to be the voice of the Indo-American Business and Professional Community by providing resources and support services to its members, while that of Pratham is Quality Education and Literacy. The two organizations pool their resources, network and goodwill, once a year, towards a shared vision of ‘Every Child in School and Learning Well’- providing quality education to the underprivileged children in India.
Health Professionals Initiative
Houston is home to The Texas Medical Center- the largest medical complex in the world and one of the pillars of this complex is its man power. It is only appropriate for the IACCGH to host a health professional’s initiative annually, with the objective of inviting professionals and businesses in the healthcare sector, to address an important topic of relevance at that time or to mingle and interact amongst each other to broaden the scope of information being shared within the healthcare system.
The format of the program can vary from a lecture, to a panel discussion or a networking reception.
Distinguished Lecture Series
Our annual lectures series initiative invites eminent speakers from the community, highly accomplished in their field of work, respected by their peers and having the capacity to share knowledge and experiences our membership can learn from and find useful, in their lives and professions.
Hillcroft – Harwin Networking Initiative
The Hillcroft-Harwin business community is a unique group- a large number of very successful, revenue generating small businesses run by Indo-Americans, giving the area a distinct flavor of the various ethnic groups who call themselves Indo-Americans.
This program endeavors to create a platform for the businesses to:
- Convene and discuss issues affecting their business environment, their productivity and their quality of life.
- It also serves as an opportunity to include community services like the police, public works and various other government and non-government institutions as part of the discussion, to explore ideas and plans to make the area a thriving business district.
Meetings are held a couple of times a year in the Hillcroft-Harwin area.
The IACCGH annual Gala event is an exciting culmination of everything that is the chamber- people, programs, achievements and our friendships with institutions in the community. The gala invites IACCGH members, supporters, sponsors, dignitaries from the government and corporate world who value our work, awardees from the within our network who have been extraordinarily successful in their businesses, volunteers and a whole lot of goodwill, good food and good cheer!
US-India Trade Missions
IACCGH has been an essential driver in fostering economic links between the American and Indian businesses- both small and large sized corporations, as well as coordinating efforts between facilitative organizations like sister chambers in India and the US.
The chamber manages both inbound and outbound business delegations.
Some of the important features of trade missions are:
- Focus on expanding markets, product lines and diversification for businesses
- One-on – one and closed group meetings with business organizations relevant to the delegation
- Discussion on investment opportunities and networking events surrounding the trade mission visit
- Multi-sector reach exploring business avenues in the public and private sectors
The IACCGH designs and organizes:
- Several lectures, seminars, panel discussions and receptions throughout the year. These events address issues of importance within the Indo- American Community on a variety of themes, predominantly economic or educational in nature.
- A space for networking among members, non-members and supporters
We offer these programs independently or in collaboration with other non-profit or for-profit organizations.